1. By entering the prize draw, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions (which may be amended at any time by the promoter).
2. St Helena Hospice runs a minimum of one raffle between 1st January and 31st December each year. All raffles are run and promoted by St Helena Hospice registered charity number: 280919.
3. Tickets are mailed to supporters with a maximum of 30 tickets being sent to each supporter or each household. If a supporter has requested not to receive raffle tickets, they will be excluded from the mailing. Direct mailing campaigns are not sent to any supporter under the age of 18.
4. No member of supporter services team or any employee of St Helena Hospice who is involved in the processing of the raffle may enter the draw. All other paid staff, volunteers, and trustees of St Helena Hospice may enter the raffle. Anyone who has entered the draw will not be permitted to draw the prize-winning tickets.
5. Tickets – The following information will be shown on all tickets for each draw: www.begambleaware.co.uk
Licence number: 4685.
6. Processing of payments & tickets - All tickets and payments are processed by the Supporter Services team (staff & volunteers) within the Fundraising office at whose normal place of work is Units 1&4, The Atrium, Phoenix Square, Colchester, Essex, CO4 9AS. The fundraising office is only accessible by secure digi-locked doors. All visitors are only admitted when accompanied by a member of staff.
7. The return of tickets to St Helena Hospice shops is not permitted, all tickets must be returned directly to the fundraising office, Units 1&4, The Atrium, Phoenix Square, Colchester, Essex, CO4 9AS, with payment.
8. Storage of tickets - Processed tickets are stored in a large, sealed box, with securing handles, reinforced edges, made from polypropylene which is kept locked in a cupboard in the Fundraising office when not being used. Only the members of the Supporter Services team have access to this cupboard. The container is moved from the cupboard to the processing area when needed and then returned to the locked cupboard.
9. The draw - Tickets are drawn from the storage container each prize is drawn by a different individual, who has not entered the raffle or taken part in any processing of the tickets. These draw selections are then adjudicated and overseen by a minimum of two individuals who have not entered the raffle draw. Tickets are mixed up between draws.
10. Promotion of the draw date and location - The draw date and location are on all printed tickets (the section that the supporter keeps.) It is printed on the accompanying letter that is sent in the direct mailing, advertised on our website and posters that are produced to advertise the draw.
11. Financial records – all transactions are recorded on the fundraising CMS – Raisers Edge and reconciled by the finance team after the draw. All income and costs relating to the draw are reported to the Gambling Commission within twelve weeks of the raffle draw taking place.
12. Any entries not complying with these Terms and Conditions will not be valid.
13. Failure to comply with any of these Terms and Conditions may result in the disqualification of the entry. St Helena Hospice reserves the right to disqualify any entry at their absolute discretion.
14. Terms and Conditions are available by visiting our website or available on request.
15. Participation in the St Helena Hospice Winter Raffle 2022 (the “winter raffle”) costs £1 per raffle ticket.
16. The raffle is open to all UK residents over the age of 16 years, except for the Supporter Services team (staff & volunteers) within the Fundraising office whose normal place of work is Units 1&4, The Atrium, Phoenix Square, Colchester, Essex, CO4 9AS. All other staff and volunteers of St Helena Hospice unless they are directly involved with the raffle, their agencies and other companies directly involved in the running of the raffle may participate in the raffle draw.
17. No tickets can be sold to, on behalf of, or for a person under the age of 16 years.
18. If a ticket is sold unknowingly to, on behalf of, or for a person under the age of 16 years he/she will be exempt from the raffle and will forfeit his/her prize and the stake will be returned.
19. The requirements of the Gambling Act 2005 mean that we have a statutory duty to verify that each raffle player is aged 16 years old or over. It is an offence for anyone under the age of 16 years to participate in a raffle. By playing the St Helena Hospice raffle, it is deemed to confirm that you are aged 16 years or over. St Helena Hospice will carry out checks in any way we may deem appropriate to verify the age of players. This may include, but is not limited to, phone calls.
20. Monies raised by this raffle will support the general work of St Helena Hospice, registered charity number 280919.
21. Participation in this raffle can be made by returning ticket stubs in the post with appropriate payment (cheque payable to St Helena Hospice charity or debit card details).
22. Raffle tickets will be entered into the draw only when the whole payment is received.
23. St Helena Hospice accepts no responsibility for raffle tickets which are lost, stolen, damaged or illegible, or from which the prize-winner cannot be identified.
24. Any ticket entries received after the closing date may miss entry into the draw and therefore will be considered as a donation to St Helena Hospice.
25. Any blank tickets received will not be entered into the draw and the monies paid will be treated as a donation to St Helena Hospice.
26. Raffle tickets will be drawn randomly.
27. Prizes will be allocated in order of the tickets being drawn from the first prize down to the last prize.
28. The result of the raffle draw is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
29. Please keep the ticket or allocated number as proof of purchase.
30. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the promoter reserves the right to substitute the prizes with other prizes of equal value. Prizes are non-transferable and non-negotiable, and no cash alternative is available.
31. Prizes may be subject to additional Terms and Conditions of the prize provider.
32. If a prize is not claimed or a prize cannot be delivered using the details provided to the promoter within 6 months of the date of the draw, this prize will be forfeited.
33. The promoter will send a maximum of 30 tickets to individuals in an initial mailing. Tickets will also be available for purchase by calling the fundraising office on 01206 931468, Monday to Friday, 9am until 5pm.
34. The closing date is 5pm on 17th March 2022. All raffle entries sent by post must be received by St Helena Hospice, Fundraising Office, Unit 1, The Atrium, Phoenix Square, Colchester, Essex CO4 9AS by this date.
35. The Raffle draw will take place on 24th March 2022.
36. We promise to comply with all Data Protection Act requirements and protect your personal data. It will be appreciated that we cannot accept liability for the loss of or delays in or theft of any communication sent by post, email, or fax, or for any delays in the banking system.
37. St Helena Hospice would like to contact you occasionally to keep you up to date with and informed of how your donations and support are helping to deliver excellent hospice care. You can update your preferences or stop communication at any time by calling 01206 931468. We will never sell, share, or swap personal details and our privacy statement is available by visiting sthelenahospice.org.uk/privacypolicy
or by request.