Text Size

a a

Make a difference

Your gift will help ensure St Helena Hospice can continue to be here for those who need us at the most difficult time of their lives, now and in the future.


Make a donation

I’d like to make a regular donation

I’d like to make a one off donation

Make your donation go further for a smaller amount a month

Every donation is appreciated, whether it’s £5 or £50. Monthly donations have a big impact on our hospice. Your ongoing support means our patients get the care they need, when they need it, where they need it.

Switch to a regular donation

Yes I’d like to make a regular monthly donation of:

Yes I’d like to make a one off donation of:


£75 could provide compassionate care and support to five patients in their last days of life through our Virtual Ward



£50 could provide the care and support a family in crisis needs with a home visit from a SinglePoint nurse



£23 could provide pain and symptom relief to a patient at home from a community nurse


Other Amount


The difference you are making

Your donations are making sure more local people have dignity and choice at the end of life. Thank you.

4,460 local people facing dying, death and bereavement supported last year



27% of our funding comes from the NHS, the remaining 73% comes from our amazing, generous supporters like you


background-image Ricky & Anne Aldons

"We feel as though we've got an arm around our shoulders. Although we knew about the Hospice, we didn't know about what they did in the home; the intricacies of the actual way it works, all the good things that come. I don't feel as worried about the end, which will eventually come for both of us. I don't feel so worried about it now because I know there's this organisation that puts their arms around your shoulders."

- Ricky & Anne Aldons

Other ways to donate


Latest news, stories and events


Tandem Skydive




View more

Christmas Tree-cycle 2024

06/01/2024 - 07/01/2024




CO1 to CO9, CO11 and CO13 to CO16

View more

Light up a Life 2023




View more

Compassionate Workplace Awareness Training


Multiple dates available

St Helena Hospice

View more



Culver Square in Colchester

View more

Christmas Tree-cycle returns!

People purchasing a real Christmas tree this year can plan ahead and tick disposing of it after the festivities off their list - and support St Helena Hospice at the same time.

View more

Compassionate Walks


Multiple dates available

St Helena Hospice, Barncroft Close, Colchester

View more

Compassionate Conversations

23/02/2023 - 05/12/2023

Multiple dates available

Location varies

View more

A platform to be able to talk about Daddy

When their dad Laurence was being supported at the Hospice earlier this year, 10 year old Willow and 6 year old twins Noah and Jude were able to spend time with him in the garden and reading with him.

View more

We just clicked

Naomi and Georgina met in a nightclub and hit it off straight away, falling in love and announcing their engagement a year later. Then a month before their planned wedding, Naomi was diagnosed with incurable bowel cancer, and then the country went into lockdown.

View more

A visit from Dan puts smiles on faces

While she has been staying at the Hospice, Victoria Oliver has been missing her gelding fell pony, Dan the Man aka Greenholme Falcon, so Dan paid a visit.

View more

Hospice celebrates 10 years of 24/7 support at home for people facing incurable illness

St Helena Hospice is celebrating the 10th anniversary of SinglePoint; its 24 hours a day 7 days a week phone support and rapid response service, for people living with incurable illness.

View more

Daisy's birthday present

Daisy is asking friends and family to donate to St Helena instead of giving her presents for her 28th birthday.

View more

Just to focus on spending time together was the nicest thing

Ryan Corlett was 23 when he was diagnosed with a rare cancer. Ryan and his wife Danielle spent their remaining months together making memories, and they were together at the hospice when he died. Danielle shares their story.

View more

Life is what you make it

Pauline and Jim Lawrence had 57 happy years together, enjoying their time spent out on the barges.

View more

Making choices and memories

When Neil became ill, he was philosophical about it, recording his decisions about his care and end of life choices, and discussing the future with his husband. Pete shares their story.

View more

Someone we can lean on

Discovering that hospice support happens in people’s homes, came as a surprise to Ricky and Anne Aldons. Now they have experienced it themselves, they want to share with their community how St Helena Hospice “puts their arms around your shoulders”.

View more
Go to basket

Go to basket